Monday, October 06, 2008
This is the Egyptian Arch I made for Gillian on the yahoo group Textile Challenges.
I wanted it to look like a very old textile. Well, maybe I went a little over the top with the distressing and ageing but all in all I think it turned out OK
The image is printed on muslin and stitched on to some silk paper I had made earlier.
The background is rust dyed and stamped cotton.
The little embellishment is a tile from a bamboo place mat. I coloured it and stamped it with chalk ink pads.
I love doing Egyptian themed items but forget that in between projects.
This time I have made a note to myself - do more on Egypt.
Not sure where I put the note though!! Sigh.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
First let me apologise to all who went to my website yesterday. Thank you for letting me know that the page wasn't working properly.
The host was, apparently, upgrading so many websites were affected.
It is now working - I hope ;0)
One of our new members on Unlimited Textiles was so eager to swap I did a one to one swap with her.
This is the little quiltie I made. It measures 5 ins square.
The main background is velvet and the floral panel is made from layers of cotton batting, painted tissue paper and painted Lutradur.
Lots of swirls and a flower were free machined on the layers. I added beads to the centre of the flower and a couple of silver dragonflies finished off the sparkle.
Unlimited Textiles is still open for new members. We are a small and friendly group.
If you are into textiles of any sort and love to swap Unlimited Textiles may be the place for you.
Click join on the home page, tell me a little about your self and where I can see your work on line ( just as I am nosey), I will approve you asap.