Monday, August 14, 2006

Playing with fabric and paint.

This is some new fabric I have been playing with.

Although the design looks like tulips it actually is my representation of the tracks of a sand beetle.
The picture of it was a photograph in Bob Geldof's book on Africa that I borrowed from a friend.

Perhaps I should have painted in browns and golds but I just love these colours.

The machine embroidery is done with various shades of rayon thread and I wish you could see the subtle sheen it gives.

The fabric is for a hip bag - you know the sort with a strap that goes across your body and the bag hangs on your hip.

I have ordered some beads and I am going to bead the centers of the tulip shape and maybe have a bead tassle of sorts to dangle from the base of the bag.

I'm sure it will evolve on its own and the plan will change from day to day if not hour to hour.
Can't wait for the beads to arrive though!

Watch this space!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Alis this piece is just beautiful...this would be one of my favourite colour combinations too. Lovely, lovely work :o)

xxx

Alis Clair said...

Thanks Jill. Having fun with this one ;0)
Hugs, Alis