Monday, October 06, 2008
This is the Egyptian Arch I made for Gillian on the yahoo group Textile Challenges.
I wanted it to look like a very old textile. Well, maybe I went a little over the top with the distressing and ageing but all in all I think it turned out OK
The image is printed on muslin and stitched on to some silk paper I had made earlier.
The background is rust dyed and stamped cotton.
The little embellishment is a tile from a bamboo place mat. I coloured it and stamped it with chalk ink pads.
I love doing Egyptian themed items but forget that in between projects.
This time I have made a note to myself - do more on Egypt.
Not sure where I put the note though!! Sigh.