Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Our next assignment on Sue B's course was to make this great box.
First we had to make the fabric for said box.
For this we fused all sorts of everything and anything together.
Searching for these goodies was when I found that wretched tissue paper.
I used bits of left over fabrics and experiments
from the organza flowers I have been playing with. Skeleton leaves, threads and fibres were also added.
I used some fabric that mum brought me from
Malaysia for the lining.
I love it it is just me and there was a lot of it so I still have more for other projects.
Next was cutting the box and putting it together.
It should have drawers inside. I have the pieces but just not got round to making them yet.
Promise to show you when I do.
I am thrilled with it and the process. What a wonderful use for the leftovers!
Actually I was so surprised when it was finished that it didn't look like leftovers but designed with care from the very start that I couldn't stop talking about it!
Sue always designs such great and fun projects.