Wednesday, March 12, 2008
My partner for the arch swap on Textile Challenges this time was Patsy.
Patsy loves vintage and tea dye colours.
I used rust dyed fabric for the background and a printed chiffon scarf as an overlay.
I printed the image of the lovely lady onto silk, as I wanted a dreamy look to the piece, and stitched it on the arch.
It still needed something so a good root around in my stash drawer was rewarded with some lovely creamy antique lace.
I used a string of pearly beads to add a little more texture and some cotton rick rack braid for the edges.
This was one of those pieces that just flowed as it went along and practically built itself.
I am pleased to report that Patsy was very happy with it ;0)