Monday, March 31, 2008

Circus


At Alter-Native UK in March the Skinny Book Page theme was Circus.

I wanted to use some fabric that I had used before for a Circus theme.
It is bright and fun, but I didn't have quite enough for the 5" x 3" pages.

I printed some vintage circus pictures on to iron on cotton and fused them to the fabric and ran round the edge with a zig zag stitch.

As the pages are going to make a book of collages I decided to stitch my fabrics to some watercolour paper that I painted in bright colours.
This makes the pages sturdy and will fit in the books better I hope.

I always love the trapeze and would love to fly like that but how can I get over my fear of heights and climb the ladder!!
I'll probably just stay on the ground and marvel instead ;0)

8 comments:

Sequana said...

I just love these! At first I thot they were plain postcards, but they are so much more.

Kim said...

The vintage pictures are great and I like the layouts with the bright splash of color.

Micki said...

You did a fantastic job. I would like to fly on that trapeze too. Oh if only I were twenty again ;-)

Denise said...

Gosh those are fabulous!

FARBTUPFER said...

So beautiful!

Purple Missus said...

I had to smile at these Alis, especially the second one. Its called the 'Skinny Book' and your postcard shows a rather large lady :)
They are both excellent cards though and fit in very well with your theme. The background fabric you used looks fun.

Lise said...

Let's stay on the ground together (and admire your pages)!! Lovely work, and I love the lady on the second page.

P.S. Original said...

these are terrific!