Thursday, December 11, 2008

Moon Goddess


My very last arch of the year long swap at Textile Challenges is for Carol Rowland.
Carol likes fantasy figures so a Moon Goddess came to my mind.

The background is calico painted and stamped with acrylic paints. The detail on the side is drawn with pen and ink.
The goddess herself is one of my drawings that I scanned into the computer and printed out on to cotton.

I get the printable cotton from Crafty Computer Paper. You print the image, cut it out, peel off the backing and iron in place.

I wanted it to look like she is gathering energy from the moon so I used metallic thread to sew the energy lines and added seed beads for sparkles.
The edge is satin stitched with metallic thread.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alis this is awesome!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wonderful!

Vicki W said...

She's beautiful!

Linda D. said...

Mmm, beautiful. Gorgeous colours too. I do so love your textiles...

Angela said...

Another gorgeous piece Alis, I love it!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!