Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just playing

I went to Craft 4 Crafters at Westpoint in Exeter last weekend. I got some great goodies and have been playing with them all week. I have had a lovely time just putting them together and seeing what happens.

This is one of the pieces I came up with.
The picture isn't very good - camera trouble I fear - there is a lot more depth than you can actually see here.
I layered lots of fabrics over some space dyed velvet then covered it all with a chiffon scarf and stitched wavy lines.
I included some lovely little flower sequins that Jan sent for an extra bit of sparkle.
The motif is on one of the fabrics. I stitched round the gold frame and then cut away the chiffon. You can't see it properly but the flower motif puffed up like a little cushion.

I have a recurring theme on lines and linear things at the moment.
Could be my age or maybe it reflects ordered chaos - typically me - or all those lanes at the swimming baths that filled my early life.
Who knows. But they keep turning up and I'm happy to let them for a while.

2 comments:

Micki said...

I love the rich look that this piece has.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment.

Dianne said...

I think this is just so beautiful!! The deep red is such a stunning colour.