Thursday, June 07, 2007

Africa


The quiltie theme on Unlimited Textiles this month is Africa.

This is my first quiltie - we have to do two.

The background is layers of organza with painted and burnt nappy liners trapped amongst them. Loads of free machine embroidery and then a motif and threads applied.

The motif is my take on a pattern from an African textile.
I got a bit carried away with this motif - it will be appearing on my next quiltie. I made a stamp of it too and stamped the back of the quiltie.
Now off to find other places to stamp it!!

7 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

It's positively wonderful Alis. Love the color and textures and everything.

Purple Missus said...

This is amazing Alis. Love the colours and the texture. Very tactile piece.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Great texture and colours.

Maria Walker said...

Alis- I can almost feel the heat off this- wonderful work as usual. Looking forward to getting you CBP for June

Micki said...

Wonderful piece. Love the texture.

Linda D. said...

Fantastic colours and motif, bet it feels wonderful too. I'm envious of all the textile work that you do, knowing that my fabric skills are virtually zilch, lol.

Digitalgran said...

That is a lovely quiltie Alis. i also like your doodles and look forward to seeing what you will do with them.