My partner on Textile Challenges in January was Lyn.
She expressed a preference for blues and greens and loves the ocean.
A woman after my own heart ;0)
I've been gathering things together on this theme for a while and not done anything with them so this was the ideal opportunity.
The background is hand painted cotton.
I used Dye-na-Flow paints. I love the way they dye the fabric without all the messing.
The seahorses are my own drawings that I printed to white, iron on cotton, I cut round the pictures and ironed them to the background.
I quilted round the seahorses and then added fibres by needle felting them down to represent seaweed.
Some shell pieces and little beads add embellishment.
The arch measures 8" x 4"
I had great fun making this piece and it has given me ideas for a bigger piece. Now I just have to get those ideas out of my head and on to fabric.