Monday, February 04, 2008
My January fabric page on Fibre Art Friends was for Kim. Her theme is African Masks.
Now if you remember when I made the India page I struggled to get my idea to work and I thought I would have the same problem with this.
But thankfully the mask was in a good mood and played along beautifully.
The picture doesn't really show that the centre of the mask is quite padded and is quilted over the eyebrows and nose.
The Hessian is spray glued to some heavy paper to stop it flopping about.
I used some gorgeous hand dyed fabrics that I received in a trade with Marion.
All in all I had a wonderful time making this page ;0)