Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Study in Purple


I have a passion for purple and messing around on box canvas.
The result can be seen here.

The backgrounds are painted and stamped with acrylic paints with dry brush sweeps of Twinkling H2O's.

I was trying out an old fashioned quill pen and acrylic inks so the backgrounds have doodles and writing on them too.

I love the two images of the vintage ladies. They have a ghostly look about them and the lace veils that they hold worked very well with the pieces of purple lace and net that I had in my box.

I am happy with the first one and named it "Passion" but the second canvas ("Haze") seems to be lacking something.
I'm not sure what so it will hang on my wall a little longer.

4 comments:

Margarita Korioth said...

I love your "passion" piece. It's a good idea to hang the other piece and wait for it to speaks to you.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great pieces...and great color!

Barb said...

How cool! Those are beautiful pieces. (I love purple.)

Elizabeth said...

These pieces are jsut wonderful!! Ilove all of the great texture and the purple is a favorite!!
Simply Stunning!!
HUGS!
Elizabeth