I love the challenge swaps on Textile Challenges.
Granted, I don't join every one but I really like the way you are made to think with them.
The first ATC was "O is for......"
I thought of all sorts but after finding this little piece of silk that I had painted some time ago it hit me!
I'm really not sure what sort of silk it is. It was a creamy colour and was quite thick. It was just a small piece in a packet labelled "Slub Silk.
Anyway I decided to stamp a paisley type pattern on it. With some bright seed beads " O is for 'Ot and Spicy" was born.
This ATC went to Anne Marie.
The second one was rather tricky. It had to be embellished with sequins. I don't have a lot of sequins, most are flower shaped and I didn't want to do floral for this one.I had a good shuffle though my goodies and came up with two
strands of sequins, on silver one gold.
Another search resulted in finding a piece of calico that I had painted with layers of texture medium, acrylic paints and gel medium. I had stamped on it and written a prose that Roger had written ages ago all over it. I wasn't happy with my writing so the fabric was at the bottom of a drawer.
I had some fabric over from the burnt nappy liner work I had been doing and cut it into a star shape. And there was a shooting star ready to blaze its way to Jan Lewis (I can't find a blog or website for Jan, but if you know of one please let me know) .