Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Little Quiltie


There isn't any theme for our swap on Unlimited Textiles this month so I rummaged though my stash to see what would inspire me.

I found a piece of dress velvet. It has a gorgeous feel with little sequins on it. The print is in shades of pinks. From the lightest shell pink to deepest maroon. A very rich fabric indeed.

There in my images was this lovely lady with flowers the same colour as my fabric! I found some lace in the same colour ways and this little quilt was started.

I had some pink metal roses that seemed perfect and added some beading down the side of the image.

"Smell the Roses" journeyed off to Jill who liked her.
I have been doing a lot of abstract things just recently so it was a good exercise to go back to using images again.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful! I bet she was thrilled to receive it!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Very lovely!

Kari Gibson said...

Just delicious - lucky Jill!

gunnelsvensson said...

This quiltie is wonderful, Jill will love it. so nice to see you face at your blog :-)
I have get you an award, and I just saw at your blog that you already have got it, so you are double hounered! Go and see my blog

Linda D. said...

Beautiful work, Alis. Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Oooh ooh it is mine! Yay - it is even more beautiful in real as opposed to the cyber world - fantastic - thank you Alis :D
Jill x