Monday, October 02, 2006

Pocket Book Class



It's years - 15 actually - since I did freestyle embroidery on my sewing machine. It was not a happy experience that, mostly, was down to a personality conflict with the person who was trying to show me.
Recently I started to play again but stuck to wavy parallel lines and grids.


Last week I started an online class at Joggles run by Janet Clark.I have been a fan of Janet's for
many years and
have always wanted to be an owner of one of her lovely bears - I will one day.
So when I saw this class I jumped at the chance to both work with her and have a reason to drop that feed dog and be bold.


These are my covers for the pocket book we will be making.
I have really enjoyed this and am looking forward to the next part of the class.

Oh by the way, one of the things we did was to paint and then melt nappy liners. Never thought I would be going in the chemist to buy them again in this lifetime!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I have been wanting a sewing machine that allows free-form - I love what you have been doing lately - going to have to have a go sometime too.

hugs,
kari x

Jill said...

I echo that, it is so lovely to see your work - the colours are just fabulous and good on you for overcoming your "fear" - it has worked well :)

Karin said...

Oh, this looks like a great project. I´m sure you are going to love the freemotion embroidery. But beware, it is addicting ;-)

Alis Clair said...

Thank you all for your comments.
I have definitely got the free machining bug now. Keep trying to find things to work on!

You're right Sue, it would make a lovely bag - brain getting into gear now.

Kari, come over for coffee and you can play on my machine ;0)

Hugs, Alis

Maureen said...

The flowers and background fabric go together so well.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Lovely...the colors really grab me.