Thursday, February 05, 2009

Unfinished Symphony

The first swap of the year at Unlimited Textiles was an "Unfinished Symphony" swap.
The idea was to send an unfinished piece of work to your partner for them to do with what they wanted to make a finished piece of art.

I received a piece of experimental knitting and crochet from June.

Of course I pounced on the lovely flower motif at the top and with some hand painted cotton, some extra fancy wools and some needle felting I made this postcard. There are little beads at the centre of the flower and scattered on the "hillside" with a little silver ladybird peeping out from behind that flower.

Another shape jumped out at me - literally - and this little fishy art doll was born.
I did quite a bit of needle felting to make the lacy knitting a little firmer and make that lovely little tail.
The fishy is embellished with another little flower and beads and charms. There is a hidden fishy too for June to find.
I think this little doll is lots of fun and I hope June will agree.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm very impressed!

lindacreates said...

Wow! What a great job you did. This was a tough challenge. I hope you will share what you sent to her and what you receive back.

Digitalgran said...

Great finished symphonies there Alis!

Ati said...

Great idea to make a card from the crochet piece!
Love the cruncy piece with the flowers too!

On a Whimsey said...

How wonderful! I really did not feel confident enough for this challenge but have plenty of inspiration now!