Saturday, June 24, 2006

Serendipity

I love serendipity don't you?
Made this little bag yesterday.
This was the second time I had painted my own silk fusion. Was really happy this time - hey if it was easy there wouldn't be books and courses on this.

Anyhoooo, very pleased with said bag.
Excited too because I played with colours out of my usual palette of purple, blue, green and pink.
I think I use these colours as an expression of myself so it is hard to change. But I am glad I did.








The serendipity happened when I went to check on the colours and theme for the Everyday Book RR I am in.
The colours were Spice!

Well the left over piece from the bag seemed perfect.
I thought of The Spice Route.
The stitched lines are to represent sand dunes and the route itself. The jewels are the touch of exotica!

Hope Laura will like it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece Alis. The stitching and the jewels are a wonderful touch to this piece of silk fusion. The stitching really gives it the feeling of motion.

Anonymous said...

Well i'm not the Laura intended but i Love it mum. Well done. Mwah

Kari said...

I am insanely jealous - it should be mine, MINE, I tell ye!

I love it, can you tell?

Kari x

Alis Clair said...

Thanks for your comments. I really enjoyed this piece ;0)
Hugs, Alis
(Mum to Laura!)

Jill said...

I adore this piece...absolutely gorgeous.

Jill xxx

Alis Clair said...

Thanks Jill
;0)
Hugs, Alis

artfulzebra said...

This is glorious, Alis, I love it too!

Maz x

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Hee hee - it will be mine and it is wonderful!