Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Woven Fabric

Completed this bag at the weekend. Very pleased with it.
It is part of another of Sue Bleiweiss classes hosted at Joggles.

It is woven from strips of fabric that I painted first. The fabric for the strap and top flap were painted too.

The heart charm is one that Maz put in my altered handbag for me. I thought it looked great here.

Got so many ideas for the squares on this bag, want to add machine embroidery, hand embroidery, dominoes, bottletops, beads ... oh I could go on and on.
Must finish my courses first then, I think there will be lots of samples to play with. Not to mention all the painting techniques I am learning and relearning.

Oh boy I am having a blast!
Can't hang around got lots of things to do - see ya later.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Alis, this is lovely, yes plenty of scope here for embellishment, LOL!

Kari x

Alis Clair said...

Thanks Kari, I think this bag will be on the top of my list to make again with "stuff" attached ;0)
Hugs, Alis