This is the padfolio that I made for Margaret at FAF.
It's always worrying when you send to someone you don't know very well. Would she like it?
Yay! She did!
I made the cover by laying various sheer fabrics over hand painted cotton. I covered it with a black chiffon scarf and did lines of straight and zig zag stitch on my machine.
I didn't like it, it seemed bland and not my usual colourful type of thing.
It went in the drawer for a few days.
I got it out a week later and zapped it with my heat gun - I really didn't like it!
It looked better then, but not finished.
I layered on more fabrics - not all sheer this time - and some Glitterati for a bit of sparkle. Trapped it all with some Burgundy tulle and sewed lines as before.
The cord is sari silk wrapped with rayon thread on my machine. I even made some fabric beads for the ends of the cord.
Err, they both turned out different and I'm sure I did the same thing. Oh well that is serendipity.
The inside is some cotton I got from the curtain shop in the scrap bin! I think it was quite a find.